Welcome to the New Mexico Watercolor Society "NMWS" Digital "Scrapbook" In these pages you will find digital photo albums, organized by year and activity, including NMWS Exhibitions, independent exhibitions, workshops, meeting demonstrations, paint-outs (plein air gatherings) and social events.
- This album contains pages, folders and galleries. The galleries contain images of the events and activities of the Albuquerque and the Las Cruces Southern Chapter organized by year.
- The Home Page contains folders for each year and a changing slideshow of awards.- Click on the folder of the year you would like to view. In the folder you will find folders containing more folders or galleries. It works like a tree.
- You can click your way through to what you wish to view. Galleries can be viewed as thumbnails, full-sized images or slideshows.
- If the image caption is not showing completely, place your cursor on the lower part of the image and the caption will then display completely. Not all images are captioned.
- To see a full-size image, just click on it. The left < and right > arrows will move you through the gallery or select the arrow at the bottom left of the images and they will move automatically as a slideshow. In the right-hand corner is an X. Clicking on the X will take you out of the slideshow or gallery view.
- When you are done viewing one gallery, you can then go up to the left hand-corner and you will see the Home icon and pathway which allows you to return to the folder or gallery you came in from and then you can select another gallery to view, or clicking on the Home icon will take you back to the Home Page.
- There are ICONS on the top Right which will take you to the NMWS website, NMWS Instagram or allow you to send an email to the SmugMug site manager.
- There are also selections on the very top Left that allow you to go Home, Browse, and Search. The Search option is still under construction so results may be inconsistent when searching to find a particular artist or painting.
2019 NMWS- SC - Spring Show - Color & Light
Simpson, Penny Thomas, NMWS "A Bunch of Grapes"
"Inspiring a Passion for New Mexico Watercolor Art"
"The society honors and celebrates the medium of watercolor through: support of the highest esthetic standards, education of the public, promotion of community engagement, and facilitation of member development."
The purpose of the New Mexico Watercolor Society is the elevation of the stature of watercolor as an art medium and the education of the public as to the significance of watercolor as an important creative permanent painting medium. The ultimate goal is to make New Mexico known nationally for its watercolorists.The Society (a non-profit organization) consisting of two groups. The original group is based in Albuquerque, NM and encompasses the northern regions of New Mexico, as well as members residing in other states. The southern group is based in Las Cruces and encompasses the counties of: Dona Ana, Luna, Sierra, Otero, Grant, Catron, Hidalgo, Lea, Lincoln, Chaves, Roosevelt, and Eddy counties as well as the El Paso, Texas area.
For further information regarding NM Watercolor activities, exhibition and membership, please click on the below link: